Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sealed With A Kiss

According to The (Un) Official J. Crew Blog, 770/Behind The Line, "Our favorite go-to beauty tip is adding a bold lip color. We are partial to a quirky coral but could never find one that was just right, so we called in an expert to help us make our own! This season we have collaborated with Poppy King to make our dream lip color:a bit of red with a hint of coral. It's the perfect shade of Poppy. Worn here by a few of our women's designers-you can see it's a color that everyone can agree on!"
I love a bold lip also. Like nail polish, lipstick is an easy way to transition to a new season without spending a lot of money. I've always liked the lipstick choices that were used in the catalog/online so I was psyched when I found out the name of one of the shade that I kept admiring, a super bright pink by Nars called Funny Face. I wear it almost daily. So you can imagine that I'm thrilled that J. Crew has partnered with Poppy King (aka the Lipstick Queen) to produce a shade of their own. Since I'm trying to spend less on clothes, I'll be buying this to add to my lipstick collection. My non-J. Crew collection includes many shades that my favorite bloggers wear and thankfully post. If you're a fan of bold color but want to spend less than the $18 price tag for this new creation, I suggest Revlon's Orange Flip, Hot Melon, Persian Melon, and Lilac Champagne or Maybelline's Coral Crush or Covergirl's Spellbound Envoutee.

You can find out more about Poppy by visiting http://www.lipstickqueen.com/. Ms. King also just teamed up with Kate Spade to create a capsule collection called "Supercalifragilipstick" for fall. There will be four different shades available: Pop Art Pink (a light pink), Bashful Blush (a sheer nude), Fuchsia Fete (a sheer fuchsia) and Adventurous Red (a sheer red).

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Didn't realize J.Crew had lipstick now. Might have to pick up Poppy King this weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered the lipstick! You know me and my addiction to bright color lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete