Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sealed With A Kiss Update

It seems like others may agree with what I said in my post on July, 27. Like nail polish, lipstick is an easy way to transition to a new season without spending a lot of money. My amazing friend and fellow contributor to this blog, Rosa, and creator of her own RosaLovesDC blog (it's amazing so you need to visit) tried to order the new Poppy King for J. Crew lipstick and told me that it's backordered until September. I was lucky enough to see it live when I went to my favorite J. Crew about two weeks ago. Well, I didn't buy it. Why? On my lips it was an EXACT match for Maybelline's Coral Crush that I already own. So, if you don't want to spend $18 or you are sick of waiting for your order to come in, I recommend going to your local drugstore and checking out Maybelline's Coral Crush.

If you're interested, there's also an article on page 216 in this month's Lucky about the lipstick and one of the three shades of nail polish, Hot Pepper (see below), a result of J. Crew and Face Stockholm's new partnership. I bought this color and love it. The polish is $12.

The article, J. CREW, BOTTLED, says, "Who doesn't want to channel the gorgeous, preternaturally refreshed models in the J. Crew Catalog? (Behati Prinsloo, we're looking at you! See image below) Especially that the amazing lipstick shade-you know, that can't-put-your-finger-on-it, reddish-pink coral? Now, lipstick guru Poppy King has concocted a single universally flattering shade that totally J. Crew-ifies your lips. (It's on the sheer side, so you can customize the amount of pigment you want.) Similarly inspired, Face Stockholm created a collection of nail lacquers based on the brand's best fall looks. The mango shade is pretty amazing with the aforementioned lipstick." In my opinion, the nail polish is more of a reddish-pink or watermelon shade than mango.
FACE Stockholm® nail polish
Image of lipstick and nail polish from J. Crew.com
Image from vanityfair.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out girl!
    I just ordered the nail polish in the metallic pecan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that they did a Poppy King for J.Crew lipstick! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete